VISA GUIDE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Any student who wishes to pursue his studies from abroad requires an official letter which authorizes the student to travel abroad and pursue the studies in the university they have been looking for. However there is a complex procedure that has to be followed in order to get the VISA.
Visa is an official letter issued by the immigration authority of the concerned country following a legal procedure which authorizes an individual to enter into the particular country for a certain predefined time period.
The visa requirements for every country differ from each other. Some of them might be easy and getting to some countries might be very challenging. Here we are presenting the detailed VISA guide for international students who are looking to study in universities in the UK, USA and Australia. This guide will be helpful for them to understand the challenges in applying for a visa, the rules and obligations associated with it.
Educational Visa for USA –
The USA is a home for some of the best educational universities of the world and it remains one of the most preferred educational hubs for international students. If you are also aspiring to study at University in USA, then the below tips for you:
- Students must start the process early considering their date of departure to the USA as students are expected to seek certain permission from the universities they wish to apply for in the USA.
- Later, students are required to fill the Form I-20, which is the certificate of eligibility for Nonimmigrant student status. This form seeks the detailed information pertaining to their application for F-1, F-2, M-1 and M-2 visas.
- Any student who needs a J-1 or J-2 visa is required to fill the Form DS-2019.
- If the university sanctions your appeal, you will receive the approval letter from them
Educational Visa for Australia –
Australia is among the preferred choice of educational hubs for students who wish to pursue higher education to get attractive career opportunities. Cities like Sydney, Adelaide and Melbourne are among top choices to pursue professional courses. Here are some tips for you, if you are aspiring to study at University in UK:
- First, students are required to apply for a visa to DIAC (Department of Immigration and Citizenship) of Australia, the body that controls the federal government of the country.
- This department runs a program which is known as Overseas Student Program (OSP) visas are granted only if you have available a registered course from the university.
- There are different types of visas and students are required to apply in appropriate categories and subclasses based on the course you want to pursue.
- Subclass 570 (Independent ELICOS) – Students who wish to pursue only English Language courses.
- Subclass 571 (Schools) – Students who have been pursuing courses in Australian Schools can apply with this subclass.
- Subclass 572 (VET) - Students want to apply for Vocational Education and Training courses.
Educational Visa for UK –
The UK houses some of the most prestigious organizations of the world such as Oxford and Cambridge. There are a number of students who dreamt to study in these organizations. Tips for the students who are aspire to pursue higher education from universities in UK are:
- Residents of Switzerland and EEA (European Economic Area), are not required to seek VISA or any permission to enter. They can stay for three month in the UK without any VISA.
- Before applying for VISA, students must have received the admission letter for the course of study they want to pursue which is known as Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
- Students who are applying for an educational visa in the UK must be proficient in British English. They might be required to give a language test based on the country they are coming from.
- Once all the above requirements are met, students are required to select the type of visa and start the further procedure.
- Post visa application, students goes through a personal interview at the consulate, embassy or immigration office and asked some of the basic question about the topics as given below:
- Plans of Study
- Choice of University
- Academic credentials and documents
- Financial status and details of sponsorship
- Plans after completion of course